1. When did you eat last? If it's been longer than 2-3 hours, feed immediately.
2. Where is the complete protein? Are you about to eat 1 serving of protein? If not, find some protein. Protein shakes are a great quick hit!
3. Where are the veggies? Are you about to eat 1-2 servings of veggies? Prepare them anyway you like but eat them with every feeding opportunity
4. Where are the carbs? If you haven't just worked out, then put down the past, bread, rice, and any other starchy carbs and opt for some healthy quinoa or sweet potato.
5. Where are your fats coming from? Fats are not the enemy, but get some healthy fats into you! Nuts, avocado, flaxseed oils and coconut oil are always great.
6. Are you drinking water or green tea? Avoid calorie containing drinks; send back that soda / fruit juice and get some clean hydration into your body.
By asking these 6 questions before eating you are more likely to make a clean eating decision that you won't regret later on! Remember though, if you mess up, its not the end of the world!